Spicy Squash Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa (+ vegetable stock, optional)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ tablespoon packed coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (for mild spice)
- 2 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup toasted pecan pieces
- Cook quinoa according to directions, using vegetable stock for half of the water (optional) and adding 2 teaspoons curry and brown sugar to the pot before cooking.
- Coat squash with olive oil, 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon curry, and salt to taste. Roast in a 400 degree oven or in skillet until golden brown and fork-tender, about 3-40 minutes.
- Add squash, cilantro and spinach to the cooked quinoa and toss gently to combine. Top each bowl with pecans and white bean hummus.
For the white bean hummus, puree 1 can white cannellini beans, ¼ cup vegetable stock, ½ tablespoon olive oil, 1 clove garlic, and salt/pepper to taste. Nutritional information does not include the hummus.