Snickerdoodle Protein Cookies
We chose this protein because it has the best macros we could find with the best flavor. It already comes in Snickerdoodle and if you go to www.pescience.com and use coupon code ‘OBARMUSCLE’ you get 25% off your total order.
2 1/2 scoops PEscience Snickerdoodle (or Vanilla) Protein Powder
1 cup almond meal flour
1/2 cup baking Splenda (stevia could work, I like Splenda)
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sweet potato puree
1 tbsp melted low-calorie butter
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine whey, almond flour, Splenda, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- There are two ways to make the sweet potato puree. One: Skin and dice a sweet potato, boil it for approximately 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft, and then puree them in a blender with a bit of water. Two: Buy canned sweet potato or pumpkin puree.
- Mix puree with butter, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in dry ingredients to puree mixture.
- On a greased cookie sheet, place spoonfuls of cookie dough about two inches apart.
- Use a spoon or the bottom of a glass to flatten the cookie dough. Since the dough is a bit sticky, you’ll probably have to go back and forth between the cookies and cup of water. (Or, if you don’t plan on sharing, there’s no harm in licking the back of the spoon!)
- Sprinkle the flat cookies with cinnamon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Smile, devour, and enjoy!
Per cookie, recipe makes 18
Protein: ~5 g
Fat: ~3 g
Carbs: ~3 g
**Remember MACROS will vary a bit depending on the protein you use, the different products, and because there is always room for variability. The key to macros is being accurate and consistent, not trying to be perfect.