Easy Paleo Frittata
Author: Nom Nom Paleo
Recipe type: Breakfast
- • 1 tablespoon coconut oil or fat of choice
- • 1 cup emergency protein (whatever cooked meat you have on hand)
- • 1 cup frozen broccoli (or any leftover or frozen veggies)
- • 4 large pastured eggs
- • 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- • Freshly-ground black pepper
- First, preheat the toaster oven to 350°F and heat the coconut oil in an 8-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Then, add whatever protein you have on hand (here, I used some leftover spicy lamb merguez sausage and onions) to the skillet and stir-fry until heated through.
- Meanwhile, place the frozen broccoli in a medium microwave-safe bowl, cover it with a wet paper towel and nuke it until it’s thawed. Use a pair of kitchen shears or a knife to cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the broccoli to the ingredients in the pan and mix to cook thoroughly.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, and add the coconut milk, salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the bottom of the frittata is set.
- Place the skillet in the oven. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, and then crank the heat up to broil for another 2 minutes or until the frittata puffs up and is cooked all the way through.
- Carefully transfer the frittata to a plate, slice, and serve.